Published on March 15th, 2011 | by john.weir

Australia still needs skilled migrants from UK

The Australian government has announced a major new scheme targeted at increasing its skilled workforce.

However, industry leaders are adamant that the Australian government should maintain its drive to recruit skilled migrants from countries like the UK.

Skilled workers will be able to fast-track to full trade qualifications in as little as 18 months under a government plan to address the growing workforce crisis in the resources sector.

Skills Minister Chris Evans said the government would also provide $200 million for training projects for skills in high demand.

However, Australian Industry Group chief executive Heather Ridout said improving training and apprenticeships wouldn’t be enough, with immigration still vital.

“Immigration programs are essential to delivering skilled workers when and where we need them,” she said in a statement.

39 Responses to Australia still needs skilled migrants from UK

1. nathan says:

pls am from Nigeria and I want to apply, but it mentioned here that it is for those in UK. Whot can I do?

2. Maria Rosemalyn Castillo Culas says:

Hi My Name is Rose, currently working in Dubai United Arab Emirates as a LOGISTIC CO-ORDINATORE at Royal Sporting House Company, before I was handling ADIDAS brand to this company as a CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE in the big shopping mall here in Dubai (The Dubai Mall Shopping Centre) for the past 3 years….

I am very much interested to work in Australia, if there is any open position for the skilled worker as a Customer Sales, you may contact me on my personal mobile phone at +971 50 8875271 or you can send to my email at rosemalyn_16@yahoo.com or to my office email at rose@rshme.co.ae

Thank you in advance and looking forward for your kind consideration.

3. Amiram Steinberg says:

I like this very much. Thanks !!!

4. Nael jaber says:

Hi my name is Nael ,live and work in chicago,IL,looking to come and work in Australia,I had two yrs electrical engineering certificate,AC aircinditioning,heating,cooling,repair all Appliances,install,all of them,had 30yrs experiance,pls help me to come there,this is my dream,Im waiting ur answer,my cell,7734413842,naeljaber@yahoo.com,thanks

5. HaydeeAndrea says:
    October 16,2011 at 00.30 am

i am an nurse interested to live Work in Australia. than 26 years of experience in nurse. Please provide me mail to send my details.

thankyou.

6. sylvestreNkurunziza says:

Hello.
    How can I get a visa for Australia for me and my family Wife and one child?

7. s.tufail khalil says:

i am warking as Director Finance in BPS 19 and Eighteen years of education and more than 17 years of experience in higher education managemnet in Pakistan .
    How can i apply for immegration to austrailia?

8. s.tufail khalil says:

i am warding as director finance in BPs 19 and Eighteen years of education and more than 17 years of experience in higher educatio managemnet .
    How can i apply for immegration to austrailia?

9. Gilbert Mela says:

Hello brothers,

I’m action films writer. already written so many movies and know planning to go abroad in order to get started with my film casting. if
    Australia needs action films writer, please get back to me brothers because I’m interested. please send me an E-mail. thanks.

10. wajahat says:

how can i apply for visa for austrilia?

11. M AKRAM says:

hi….
    is there any job for doctor’s?

12. tanveer ul hassan says:

i am tanveer ul hassan,
    from saudi arebia,
    i work as a mechnical tecnaion in saudi bin ladin group and my nationelty is pakistani i have a lote of experiacein my feald please guide and assist me for apply austrelian work visa. would like to find a job in austrelia…….
    how much would it cost me and what is process of apply visa please send me compleat details so i can start it right way.i appreciate very much if you can help me and thank you in advance

13. farah says:

hello,
    I’m farah and my family would like to settle in australia please guide me to get a permanent visa in australia my husband is a technican of aircraft in pakistan international airline and he want to a JOB in australia plz send me detail and give a chance