Published on April 17th, 2009 | by john.weir

The Aussie equivalent of NVQ

We’ve had a lot of readers enquiring whether or not Australia recognises the UK NVQ qualification. Australia actually operates its own version – the  Australian Qualifications Frame work – or AQF.

AQF Â NVQ

Â

Â

Â

Tags: ,

94 Responses to The Aussie equivalent of NVQ

1. Anthony says:

Hi, I’m currently living in Victoria. I have my nvq level 3 in metal fabrication, how do I go about transferring them over to Australian certifications?
    Thanks

2. vaughan Francis says:

I have a U K BTEC Level 3 certificate in security management, can someone please tell me what the Australian equivalent is ?

3. Bree says:

hi i have a NVQ level 2 in hospitality in the uk but now live back in Australia i was just wondering what it would be equal to as im really not sure

4. Amanda says:

Hi

I have a FDA in Teaching and Learning (foundation degree) does anyone know the equivalent to this in NZ?

5. sheree says:

hi i am looking to move to new zeland with my family

im currently about to start my hnc working with communties in scotland (community work , youth work )

does my hnc transfer to new zeland

?

thanks

6. Adele Victoria McCann says:

Hi everyone,

Would anyone happen to have any advice for a 31 year old looking to re-train in order to migrate to Aus? Looking into Plumbing NVQ Level 2&3 which seems to be likely to stay on the skills list longer… or Motorcycle Mechanics NVQ Level 2 & 3 which sounds like this will be taken off the skills list at some point but this is our preferred option! … researching both options and have come accross information that some NVQs in Plumbing are not legitimate ! You also need to work either full time in college (impossible with a mortgage and family) or as an apprentice (again, not great as you are not paid very well while training)… then you have to get your skills assessed again ! Surely it cant be that hard can it?

Any advice/ information and guidance would be great 🙂

7. Bailey Coburn says:

Hello

Can anyone help me I am a qualified Enrolled nurse in New Zealand, what would this be recognized as in Scotland

8. Carla Whiteman says:

Hello,

I’m Looking to move to Australia from the UK, I have a Level 3 BTEC National Certificate in Children’s Care, Learning and Development.

Does anyone know what this is transferred into to work in Australia?
    Many Thanks